Global Patent Solutions, LLC (GPS) is an intellectual
property research and consulting firm founded to meet the demanding
needs of Inventors and IP professionals around the world for
high-quality patent research and consulting. From our headquarters in
Scottsdale, AZ, we currently service a global client-base of IP
Attorneys, Patent Agents, Business Leaders, R&D Teams,
Universities, Entrepreneurs and Inventors.
This is not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill research position. Each
project is unique and possesses a new challenge for you to tackle. You
must be able to assess and analyze the best way to approach a project.
Previous patent knowledge is great; however, it is not required. We
are willing and able to train.
The Patent Analyst primarily will perform research of invention
concepts related to the technologies listed above using a variety of
databases and compile formal search reports to demonstrate findings to
clients. A majority of work requires in-depth reading, writing and
working on computers.
The position entails:
- Quickly reviewing and gaining an understanding of technical
aspects of client inventions and/or technical search concepts
- Creating research strategies to best utilize time and resources
- Performing extensive database research
- Reviewing, gathering and analyzing technical literature
- Reporting research findings in a timely and high-quality manner
If you can manage yourself, as micro-managing is not our style, and
you are motivated to get results in a timely manner, this could be a
great opportunity for you to learn and grow with a quality-driven company.
This position requires you to:
- Meet and exceed client needs and deadlines by providing viable
research solutions and being reliable and dedicated to getting the
- Quickly, continuously and concisely Learn, Interpret, Comprehend,
Retain and Apply technical abilities. Enjoy an ongoing learning and
computer-based environment that is dedicated to quality.
- Thrive in ambiguity and to self manage, prioritize and take pride
in your work.
- Proactively, confidently and effectively communicate with internal
team members and external clients.
- Actively participate as a team member to best serve clients and
- You will mostly work on your own, but we do have a wonderful,
supporting staff that requires some teamwork on occasion.
** THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION.
- Previous patent examining or patent searching experience
preferred, but not required.
- BS required. MS or PHD in Engineering preferred.
- Must have US Work Authorization and have resided in the United
States continuously for the last two years.
However, candidates applying for this position MUST
have previous experience or extensive knowledge in at least one of the
following technical areas:
- Wireless Networking (4G, 5G, 3GPP, CDMA, 4G, 3GPP, LTE)
- Computer Networking (Ethernet, Packet Formation, Routing
- GPS/Satellite Positioning
- Circuit Design and Electronics Hardware Development
- Antenna Theory / RF