Global Patent Solutions, LLC (GPS) has grown to become one of the
nation’s leading patent research and intellectual property (IP)
consulting firms. In addition to supporting the nation’s leading
technology companies and IP law firms, GPS is a premier provider of
patent-related services to the United States Patent & Trademark
Our ongoing success and growth has created the need for us to expand
our team. Specifically, we are presently seeking experienced and
motivated independent Patent Analysts to work with us as independent
contractors in support of a contract with the USPTO for performing
search and examination on patent applications related to the Patent
Cooperation Treaty (PCT). This is an opportunity to leverage your
technical background, hone and exercise the same skills employed by
patent examiners, and witness first-hand the characteristics of
effective and ineffective patent applications. In addition to the
immediate opportunity this position affords today, the knowledge you
will gain and the skills employed while performing this job will
position you well for future IP career opportunities. Come grow with us!
As an independent contractor working with GPS on the PCT contract,
you will be responsible for performing a comprehensive search, written
opinion, and final report on the patentability of an array of diverse
inventions within your specific technology domain.
PCT Search and Written Opinion: Contractors will be
required to perform the following:
- Quickly gaining an understanding of the inventive concept(s)
provided in the PCT specification, drawings and claims
- Perform a robust search of patent and non-patent literature databases
- Write an opinion/analysis by applying/mapping the most
relevant prior art to the PCT claims
- Complete applicable final PCT Forms and Search History Document
- Perform any corrections needed to work that does not fit
within pre-defined quality standards
Quality: For GPS, quality is at the pinnacle of the
work we perform. Contractors we work with must share in our belief
and commitment of providing the highest quality of work.
Timeliness: Contractors will work closely with GPS
Management on a weekly and/or monthly basis to provide their
capacity and turnaround-time for the work to ensure the work is
completed in accordance with GPS internal deadlines. Meeting agreed
upon deadlines will be vital to success.
Continuous Improvement: Contractor must use
self-guided means of staying up to date with practices and
procedures of processing PCT applications by reviewing resources
provided to the Contractor from GPS and/or other publicly available data.
- Form 237 Written Opinion of the PCT application
- Form 210 Documentation of Prior Art References Used
- Completed Search History Document
*THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
Contractors must have strong technical backgrounds;
either professional experience or technical education in
one of the following technical categories:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Devices/Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Communications
- Computer Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PHD in a field of science
Must be a U.S. citizen or reside in the U.S
for the most recent two years as a work-eligible legal resident.
- While performing the work, Contractor must physically be located
in the U.S.
Contractor MUST have 1 or more years of
previous PCT Written Opinion experience.
- Demonstrated skills at formulating efficient, thorough, and
repeatable prior art searches.
- Strong ability at quickly grasping inventive concepts and
correcting/efficiently applying prior art to those concepts.
- Excellent time management skills to properly plan and complete all
- Contractor should be detail-oriented and possess excellent
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills of applying WIPO PCT Articles
- Knowledge of classifying patents using CPC and IPC classifications
Global Patent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or
any other basis protected by applicable laws.